Age is just a number. You can get healthy and fit. But first you must BELIEVE!

© 2010-2017 ( All Rights Reserved


Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Follow by Email

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead - Part C

There I am laying in bed, talking to John and the nurse.....ready to get this show on the road.  The surgeon and his assistant came in and explained again what they were going to do and asked if I had any questions.....When will I know the results?  Sometime next week.  My follow up appointment is December I have to wait until then?  They said they would schedule an earlier appointment as soon as the results came back.  Then  another anesthesiologist came in....young and handsome.......Hubba Hubba.  WHAT? I may be 65, but I have eyes that see perfectly fine!  :)  

 "OK...are you ready?"  

"Yessss I am!"  

"I'm going to give you some meds that will help with nausea and that will make you comfortable....they will work pretty fast"

" Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk".........


I do not remember them taking me out of the room. I do not remember going into surgery. I do not remember going into the recovery room. I do not remember being brought back to my room.  I can pretty much say with great confidence that the medication they gave me worked!!!

What I am told they did in the surgery room was to make about an 1 1/2 inch incision right at the spot where the wire was sticking out; the wire being the center of that cut.  They removed the cancerous tissue that was not taken out in the biopsy and they removed margins around the tumor to make sure the cancer had not spread.  A pathologist was right there in the room (so I am told) and he was doing preliminary tests to make sure they got to a place where the tissue was 'clean'.  They also made an incision (also about 1 1/2 inches right at the beginning of my armpit to remove the first 3 lymph nodes to make sure they were also 'clean'.  From videos I watched and from what the guy in nuclear medicine told me, once that cut in made, a stick-like probe is put into the cut and when it makes a Wrrrrring sound, and they see it register on the machine, they know they have hit one of the radioactive nodes.  They have to slice the nodes and send them to a lab for more exact testing and I won't get those results until next week.  As I've mentioned in a prior post, the results of that tissue test will determine if I need to do will a new  procedure they do -- that calculates the percentage of possibility of recurrence.

I woke up in my original room, not nauseated and not crying............yet....

Head on over to Part D (as in 'DONE') for the conclusion of this adventurous day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are committed to working on your health and fitness. Please leave a comment on this post or let me know if you'd like info on a fitness/health topic.