THE BODY ACHIEVES WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES!

Age is just a number. You can get healthy and fit. But first you must BELIEVE!

© 2010-2017 (FitAt99.blogspot.com) All Rights Reserved

Remember:

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Have your cake and eat it too!

pretty much lol
So I've had one of those weeks...you know the kind when you don't stick to your new healthy eating plan and then you get on the scale and the mean witch jumps out of the face of the scale and chants in a childlike cadence...."someone didn't eat healthy...someone didn't eat healthy".....

So yes that's right.  I had a neighborhood coffee at my house last Friday and I made "homemade"--"from scratch" carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  I also made brownies....but I put out lots of fruit too and scrambled eggs....

At the coffee I ate very healthy....all fruit and only took less than a quarter of a piece of "homemade"..."from scratch"...carrot cake (did I tell you it had homemade cream cheese frosting?)!!!  I just had a tiny piece so I didn't feel deprived.  I'm not into deprivation on a lifelong healthy eating plan.  I'm of the school that every once in a while you have to have treat because if you don't it will never last "life-long".   I made sure I gave most of the rest of the cake away to the ladies and only kept a few pieces and several brownies for John (he's a brownie man).  But Saturday and Sunday a full piece ....yeah, OK.... maybe 2 of that "from scratch-homemade-with cream cheese frosting" carrot cake made it's way onto a plate in front of me....and just casually sauntered into my mouth.  And yes you guessed it when I got brave enough to get on the scale this evening....I had gained 3 pounds since my weigh-in on Wednesday.

But, my friends that is not the end of the world. I fell off the wagon....or rather I allowed myself a small indulgence and I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  And you shouldn't beat yourself up if the same thing happens to you.  You just say....damn that was good cake...I enjoyed it....and you get right back on the healthy path and move forward.  I've eaten really  healthy today and I got up and did my planks, my balance exercise, and went to a Core/Cycle fitness class and followed it up with a Cardio Fit class.  So I'm back on track.  The cake is behind me.  I enjoyed making it, sharing it and having a couple of pieces.

We're human.  This is a lifelong change.  Our weight will fluctuate.  We just have to keep moving forward.  I'll do a little more cardio this week and those 3 pounds that witch in the scale told me I had gained will be history!

Just keep on keeping on.  Just keep trying.  Don't beat yourself up.  Treat yourself every once in a while.....you can do this.  I promise!

Have you ever wondered how fit you are compared to others your age? Do you have reasons why you don't go to a fitness center (of gym) to exercise?  Do you live in or around Georgetown, Texas?  Then check this out.  This may be just what you are looking for. http://bandsphysicalconditioningteam.com/Home_Page.html

They are a great team.  Shepherd is my trainer and I take classes with Belinda.  They are all about health and fitness and they are ready to help you!

To your health and fitness.

Ciao.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are committed to working on your health and fitness. Please leave a comment on this post or let me know if you'd like info on a fitness/health topic.