THE BODY ACHIEVES WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES!

Age is just a number. You can get healthy and fit. But first you must BELIEVE!

© 2010-2017 (FitAt99.blogspot.com) All Rights Reserved

Remember:

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Today was "R" day....zap zap zap!

  Glow little glow worm, glimmer glimmer....

So today was day one of my radiation treatment. My appointment was at 2:30...I got there at 1:45 ( you know just in case someone cancelled and they could take me early....but I waited and waited and then I heard them come out and tell  a lady that something was wrong with the radiation machine and the repairman was on his way, but it could take up to an hour....I told John, they are going to come over and tell me the machine is broken and they can't do me today...."What"...and sure enough, before I could explain, one of the techs said I think Mrs. Snyder is here too....Snyder?  Yes ....well the machine is broken and it may take at least an hour to fix it.  I said OK...I'll wait....the other lady had already left....so I waited, and waited...and then she came out and said well it's more than they thought it was and he'll have to get the parts...so we'll start tomorrow.  Then another girl came out (as I am preparing to leave) and said ...can you stay, he found it was just a screw missing and he's fixing it right now.....so sure I can stay....let's get this show on the road.....so I stayed and I waited and finally about 3:30 they called me in..

The whole process even with pictures (glamour shots !!) and x-rays and more markings and more  tattoo dots only took about 20 minutes.  Then zap zap and I was done.  They told me tomorrow and all the rest of the days it will take me longer to get there then it will to do the procedure.  The whole procedure of getting me in position and doing the zap zap will take about 10 minutes.

What should I expect (after all it's been almost 12 years since I did this in 2002 and I couldn't remember how I would feel.  She told me that in about a week I will feel very tender under the breast and in the axillary area and to buy some creme the doctor recommeded....you get it in the baby department at Target.  It's called "California Baby"  (for babies, young children and sensitive adults)...the latter would be me.  I am to start using it right away, twice a day...but man is it pricey!!! Even the cashier looked at it when it rang up and said Wooa that's some pricey baby cream....well I think if it were just baby cream it might not be that expensive, but they've discovered Radiation Oncologist are recommending it to their patients.....so $$$$$$$$$   !!! Cha Ching !

Now I have two new tattoo dots and lots of magic marker lines all over me....so I'll be heading to the shower soon to try to get those marks off....they said I could because now they have the new tattoo dot to go by.

I count myself a lucky....after watching 2 elderly woman (probably in their 80's) both being pushed in wheel chairs back into the area where they do chemo....so I have no worries.....you know the old true statement..."I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet".....and believe me there are tons of people with cancer that are so much worse off then I am...and my thoughts and prayers go out to them.  My motto today and forward is "ONWARD AND UPWARD".... This is how I am planning 2014
 3D arrow with year 2014 growth upward -   POW TO THIS CANCER.....   BOOM .....STOMP

AND A LITTLE BIT OF  SHAKESPEARE..... OUT OUT DANG SPOT!!!

Put on a smile...and lets get on through this strange and troublesome 2013.....and back on the road to a happy and bright future.     You all should know me by now:

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF....I WILL GET THROUGH THIS AND GET BACK ON THE ROAD TO GETTING FIT AND HEALTHY.....BACK TO WALKING EVERYDAY AND BACK IN THE GYM...


I don't know why some of us have to go through this ...or why some of us have to go through it more than once...what I do know is:

AMEN!
And I can see way past the light at this end of this tunnel....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are committed to working on your health and fitness. Please leave a comment on this post or let me know if you'd like info on a fitness/health topic.