THE BODY ACHIEVES WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES!

Age is just a number. You can get healthy and fit. But first you must BELIEVE!

© 2010-2017 (FitAt99.blogspot.com) All Rights Reserved

Remember:

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

FIRST YOU MUST BELIEVE and Dance Dance Dance!

Pinned Image
Yesterday I served on a panel to promote motivation to the Lighten Up For Life Program .  My theme was and always is....first you have to be an athlete....by that I mean....first you must believe.  Believe you can get fit and healthy, believe you can lose weight, believe you can exercise.  You have to visualize in your mind what you want to achieve--how you want to look--the weight you want to be and you have to believe you can get there and commit to that belief. And then you have to earnestly work at it. I demonstrated some "at home" dancing where I suggested you plug in your earphones, crank up the music and just start dancing in your own living room for at least an hour 'non-stop'.  Believe me it works to burn calories and get steps in (if you're shooting for 10,000 steps/day).  Yesterday morning I danced 1- 1/2 hours and got in 8,643 steps.  It's fun, it's great exercise and you can do it in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
At the weigh in today (and in the last 9 months) I've lost 57 pounds, 13" on my waist and 10" on my hips. Tomorrow I'll try to get a before and after picture posted.

These are a few of the songs I dance to....they can all be downloaded from ITunes. Look for Power Walking and Exercise music re-mixes and you can find tons of them.  (Note: be careful of those that show 'Explicit' as the language can be really 'explicit'.  If you want more song suggestions to walk, power walk, dance, lift weights, do planks to etc. just send me a comment and I'll add some more suggestions.

La Chica Sexy by Los Tucanes de Tijuana 
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy by Bette Midler (or you can download the McQuire Sister version)
Jump In The Line (Shake Shake Senora) by Harry Belafonte 
Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) [The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Song by Shakira
Old Time Rock & Roll  Power Music Workout 

Find the Beat Again by Sugarland The Incredible Machine
Bananza (Belly Dancer) 4:26 Power Music Workout Shape Walk Workout (Sexy & Sassy Hits) Fitness & Workout 40 12
Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti & Spearhead 

At the Hop by Danny & The Juniors
Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley 
Footloose by Kenny Loggins Footloose
Shake It by Michael Franti & Spearhead The Sound of Sunshine


Have a great day. Believe you can achieve your goals. Do something about it...walk, go to the gym, eat healthy......and DANCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are committed to working on your health and fitness. Please leave a comment on this post or let me know if you'd like info on a fitness/health topic.