THE BODY ACHIEVES WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES!

Age is just a number. You can get healthy and fit. But first you must BELIEVE!

© 2010-2017 (FitAt99.blogspot.com) All Rights Reserved

Remember:

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Monday, October 8, 2012

This is a test....this is only a test!....REST

true  and that includes resting when the need arises...and it will arise!

I think I've mentioned this before....if not...I'm suffering from Achilles Tendinosis.  That's a step above Achilles Tendinitis caused from my not taking care of my aching heel....not listening to my body when it very plainly told me "with the pain" that it needed some rest....not listening to my trainer and family who asked more than once, if I understood what it meant to rest my ankle...  Being the overachiever that I am, I just kept on exercising and power walking.....thinking literally No Pain No Gain.

Well let me tell you first hand No Pain No Gain may work for some people and it's a good incentive to push yourself beyond what you think you can do....but when you're 63 years old...the saying should probably be "No Pain No Gain...means you're Insane"! 

I'm a firm believer that we should push ourselves, challenge ourselves, and try to do just a little more than we think we can do.  That's how we grow our health and fitness level.  But now I am a firm believer that no matter how old you are, you have to listen to your body and when it says "Hey, my friend, I need to rest" you best listen up.

Now I am on the verge of being down and out for a while.  I've ended up having to go to a podiotrist who sent me to physical therapy.  Physical Therapy have me doing lots of stretching and ankle exercises, message and ultra sounds and have "suggested" I limit my exercise to upper body and only lower body exercises that can be done on a mat where there is NO (I REPEAT NO) pressure on my heel.  Because even when it gets to feeling better....right now if I put any pressure on the heel, I start the inflammation up all over again and I am back to square one.  The even told me if I am still hurting by the end of the month, they will recommend I give up all exercise for at least 2 weeks and just do the ankle exercises and keep my foot elevated...........HEAVEN HELP ME!

So normally I am going to be your biggest cheerleader for healthy eating and getting to the gym or outdoors or in your living room doing some sort of cardio and toning exercises.  Those are the two main keys to losing and keeping weight off and to staying fit and healthy.  But today, I am a cheerleader for listening to your body....Don't quit, but sometimes you do need to rest...and if you don't do it on your own...your body will stop you in your tracks!

I hate not being able to power walk or do my cardio fit classes....but it's not forever....So remember eat healthy, exercise, beleive you can achieve your goals....but when you have real pain.....listen to what your body is telling you and take the time to rest... and listen to your doctor and trainers......
.From The Four Agreements,  Trust yourself and your body to know when to rest.
 

The alternative can shut you down for an even longer period!

This is a test...this is only a test.....and I will get through this and be back in the game soon!

Ok...I'm off to do my ankle exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are committed to working on your health and fitness. Please leave a comment on this post or let me know if you'd like info on a fitness/health topic.