THE BODY ACHIEVES WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES!

Age is just a number. You can get healthy and fit. But first you must BELIEVE!

© 2010-2017 (FitAt99.blogspot.com) All Rights Reserved

Remember:

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Monday, June 4, 2012

High Hopes! Be a Beginner...It's never too late!

Hi everyone!

Well don't you just hate it when someone says they are going to write an inspirational blog to help motivate you on your weight loss/getting fit program and then they never show up! I am guilty as charged. Retirement keeps me so busy. I know that sounds funny, but it does. Mostly I'm busy going to the gym, walking and taking fitness classes. I can't seem to sit still long enough to write. I need to find some balance in my life because next to exercising and trying to get fit, writing is my passion. I have a long ago started novel sitting on the shelf that really is crying out to have some attention. This morning I am off to run some errands and I have two fitness classes this afternoon.....Core and Cycle for 1 hour and then Cardio Fit (which is Cycle and Aerobic movement/dance for 1 hour). I take those classes on Monday and Wednesday. I love Mondays and Wednesdays because at the end of those two classes I feel like a million bucks (a thin million bucks....although my legs are sometimes wobbly) :) You really should come join us. You will not be sorry!
This morning I thought I would write a few words, but it's already 10:07 and I need to get going because the morning will fly by and it will be time for classes....so I thought I'd share some articles on ladies in their 80's and 90's who go to and teach yoga. I don't take yoga...I have taken a couple of classes and all of the poses that I love and find on Pinterest and pin are yoga poses. Yoga makes you really strong, gives you balance and peace in your body..........and obviously from the looks of these ladies and men keep you can keep fit far into your elder age. These stories are from a site called MindBodyGreen...Your Guide to Wellness.
Take a look at this site....it's great!....scroll down to the stories of the yoga people....pictures and stories of which the following website has all rights to ..... http://www.mindbodygreen.com/1-3674-5/6-Inspirational-Yogis-in-Their-90s.html


This woman is 83!

                                                            images via news.com.au
                                                           Published May 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Right about now I am feeling very "out of shape" and "not flexible"...good grief I can't do those poses....it takes a lot of hard work and dedication and years to get that flexible...but it is NEVER TOO LATE TO START.  See the article on this site of the 91 year old grandmother who just recently started taking yoga and read the story about a 93 year old who has a lot of inspirational thoughts on yoga. 
There is lots of good info on this website.  It inspires me.  I'm 63....so I'm encouraged to think that at 83 I can be in great shape....body, mind and soul!!
So just think, if you are reading this and your 23 or 33 or 43 or 53 or anywhere in between or older....oh my gosh the possibilities.  And believe me, this is the voice of experience talking.....life is sooooooooo much better when you are fit and healthy.  Shopping for clothes is so much more fun, walking is fun, knowing your healthy is such a great feeling.  We have so much else to worry about and deal with on an every day basis......don't let being healthy and fit be one of those things. you have to worry about.  Do something now.  Start with baby steps--walk for 10 minutes---increase it 5 minutes a day.  Take a fitness class--start with Beginners Yoga or indoor cycling.  Most trainers encourage you to go at your own pace.  Even the ones who can do all the yoga poses and stand up at a gear 18 going 80 RPM on a spin bike started somewhere and worked their way up.  Don't let anyone fool you..... we were (and some still are) beginners.  DO NOT LET THAT STOP YOU.  You have start somewhere and you have to keep your hopes up high....apple pie in the sky high!
You may be too young to remember a song called High Hopes....but it's a song with a lesson.  Here are the lyrics:
Next time your found
With your chin on the ground
There's a lot to be learned
So look around.

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can't
Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie
In the sky hopes.

So any time your feelin' low stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant.

When troubles call
And your back's to the wall
There a lots to be learned
That wall could fall.

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram scram
He kept buttin' that dam.

'Cause he had high hopes
He had high hopes
He had high apple pie
In the sky hopes.

So any time your feelin' bad stead of feelin' sad
Just remember that ram
Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam
Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam.

So keep those high hopes
Keep those high hopes
Keep that apple pie
In the sky hopes.

All problems just a toy balloon
They'll be bursted soon
They're just bound to go pop
Oops, there goes, another problem, kerplop.

Oops, there goes, another problem, kerplop...
Let worrying about whether you'll be healthy at 99 be a problem that goes kerplop.  Start a program today so that this time next year and the next and the next.... your health will not be a problem.  Do it for yourself, do it so you can see your children graduate or get married...so you can play with your grandchildren and great grandchildren....Do it to inspire others.  Put getting healthy and fit at the top of your "My Priorities" list.
Ciao,
Peg

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are committed to working on your health and fitness. Please leave a comment on this post or let me know if you'd like info on a fitness/health topic.